It’s no secret that Yamaha spent the bulk of their R&D budget on that stonking 847cc triple. Unfortunately, that meant pennies needed to be pinched somewhere. That somewhere is in the suspension. Like the forks, the shock is inadequate for riders over 170 lbs in gear, and forget about adding a passenger and additional luggage. There is no compression adjustment, and the rebound damping is lacking, even at full stiff. Stoltec Moto teamed with Penske to develop shock solutions befitting of an otherwise amazing motorcycle.
This is Penske’s most popular motorcycle shock. Double adjustment gives separate adjustment of both low speed compression and rebound damping, so you gain the ability to control squat and bump compliance to suit your riding style. Increased low speed compression damping (helps) keep the front end planted under hard acceleration while the high speed compression has been specifically tuned for road riding. Increased rebound damping means the days of getting bucked out of your seat are a thing of the past!
- Remote reservoir
- 25 clicks of low speed compression adjustment
- ~30 clicks of rebound adjustment
- Spring preload adjustment
- Ride height adjustment
- Torrington thrust bearing to limit spring binding under compression and ease preload adjustment
- Custom sprung and valved per rider weight and riding style
- Upgradeable to 8987 ‘Triple Clicker’
- Fully rebuildable
- Mounting hardware included
- Includes our Penske Remote Reservoir Mount
- 100% designed and manufactured in USA
Each Penske shock is custom built for the customer and application. Typical build times run in the <4 week window. Please plan accordingly! Furthermore, please be aware that mounting the external reservoir requires minor trimming of the tail section plastics. See photos of a customer mock-up.
Contact us for assistance in selecting a spring rate.