Despite being better valved than the FZ-09, the FZ-07’s shock still packs insufficient rebound damping (feels like a pogo stick over bumps). It also doesn’t have any adjustability on damping. Stoltec Moto teamed up with Penske to redesign the original offering to meet our performance criteria. This is how the FZ-07 should have been delivered.
This is Penske’s entry level emulsion shock for those on a budget. Think of this as a REALLY good stock shock. Compares nicely to a stock remote reservoir shock on most modern sportbikes. Although we don’t typically sell emulsion shocks due to the inherent performance benefits of a floating piston separated shock (ala 8983 or 8987), this shock is so much better than the stock shock, it makes sense for those who can’t afford a higher-spec shock.
- Single damping adjustable – one knob controls both low-speed compression and rebound (stiffening one stiffens the other).
- Spring preload adjustment
- Ride height adjustment
- Torrington thrust bearing to limit spring binding under compression and ease preload adjustment
- Upgradeable to remote reservoir 8983 or 8987.
- Custom sprung and valved per rider weight and riding style
- Fully rebuildable
- 100% designed and manufactured in USA
Each Penske shock is custom built for the customer and application. Typical build times run in the <4 week window. Please plan accordingly!
Contact us for assistance in selecting a spring rate.
Jon (verified owner) –
Just received and installed my Penske shock along with the front springs setup for my weight and the difference is night and day. The ride is so much smoother and dampening far exceeds stock. No more pogo stick feel!!! Definitely one of the best upgrades for my FZ-07 that I have done so far. I have more confidence in the bike while cornering now and it stays much more planted. If you are on the fence about the price, pull the trigger and do it. It was money well spent.