It’s no secret that Yamaha spent the bulk of their R&D budget on that stonking 847cc triple. Unfortunately, that meant pennies needed to be pinched somewhere. That somewhere is in the suspension. Like the forks, the shock spring is inadequate for riders over 170 lbs in gear. There is no compression adjustment, and the rebound damping is lacking, even at full stiff. Stoltec Moto teamed with Penske to develop shock solutions befitting of an otherwise amazing motorcycle.
This is among Penske’s top of the line motorcycle shocks and is a perennial favorite amongst racers, track day junkies, ADV’ers, and aggressive street riders. This is the most versatile model, allowing riders the ability to separately tune squat under acceleration and bump compliance. Stabilizes the bike under hard acceleration while providing compliance over frost heaves, pot holes, expansion joints, and track curbing
- Remote reservoir
- 25 clicks of low speed compression adjustment (squat tuning)
- ~15 clicks of high speed compression adjustment (race speak: curb tuning; street speak: bump compliance)
- ~30 clicks of rebound adjustment
- Spring preload adjustment
- Ride height adjustment
- Torrington thrust bearing to limit spring binding under compression and ease preload adjustment
- Fully rebuildable
- Includes our Penske Remote Reservoir Mount Bracket
- 100% designed and manufactured in USA
Each Penske shock is custom built for the customer and application. Typical build times run in the <4 week window. Please plan accordingly!
Contact us for assistance in selecting a spring rate.