As good as the Super Ténéré is, the stock shock is inadequate for riders north of about 175 lbs. Add luggage or a passenger? Forget about it. The stock shock has a 687 lb/in spring, minimal preload adjustment, and no compression adjustment. Adding a proper spring with sufficient preload will reduce squat under acceleration, better handle luggage/passenger loads, quicken steering response, and increase feel (at both ends).
This is Penske’s most popular motorcycle shock. Double adjustment gives separate adjustment of both low speed compression and rebound damping, so you gain the ability to control squat and bump compliance to suit your riding style and terrain.
- Remote reservoir
- 25 clicks of low speed compression adjustment
- ~30 clicks of rebound adjustment
- Spring preload adjustment
- Ride height adjustment
- Optional Torrington thrust bearing to limit spring binding under compression and ease preload adjustment
- Custom sprung and valved per rider weight and riding style
- Upgradeable to 8987 ‘Triple Clicker’
- Fully rebuildable
- 100% designed and manufactured in USA
Each Penske shock is custom built for the customer and application. Typical build times run in the <4 week window. Please plan accordingly!
Contact us for assistance in selecting a spring rate.